Chris Bachmann, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, ISAT
Director of the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Lab (AFV)
- Office: ISAT/CS 316
- Phone: 540-568-2735
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
701 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia.
- M.S., BioEngineering, Penn State University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Rutgers University
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
The design and construction of Alternative Fuel Vehicles and the integration of Transportation Systems with a wide variety of renewable energy production strategies is my primary area of interest. To compliment these efforts, I’m also learning more about Wind, Solar, Biomass, Hydro, Geothermal, and Nuclear energy generation technologies– as well as advances in energy efficiency, green building, and land-use planning.http://www.jmuafv.org/
- ISAT Class of 2013 Photogallery
- ISAT welcomes Dr. Stephen Marrin and Dr. Edna Reid. They will join the IA Program in preparation for the start of Fall Term 2013.
- Best wishes to Dr. Joe Marchal as he retires in June from JMU.
- Congratulations to Dr. Noel Hendrickson! As of June 1, he will become the new Director for the IA Program.
Welcome from ISATWelcome to the Department of Integrated Science and Technology! Our students and faculty study the application of a broad range of sciences and technologies to problems of current societal importance. We focus not only on the technical issues but also on how to ensure that these solutions will be embraced by society. More >
Dr. Bob Kolvoord, Professor in the Department of Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) and Interim Dean for the College of Integrated Science and Engineering (CISE), had a unique opportunity to serve as a GIS ambassador to students and teachers in Ghana. Read Story >