Amanda Glenn Biesecker, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, ISAT
Assistant Department Head, ISAT
- Office: ISAT/CS 109
- Phone: 540-568-2730
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
701 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Ph.D., Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis, Emory University
- BA, Cell and Molecular Biology, Dartmouth College
- BA, Religion, Dartmouth College
- Foreign study in bioethics, University of Edinburg, Scotland
- 2006- current Assistant Professor of Integrated Science and Technology, James Madison University. Faculty member in undergraduate degrees in ISAT and Biotechnology.
- 2004- 2006 NIH IRACDA postdoctoral fellow, Emory University School of Medicine Postdoctoral Instructor, Spelman College
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
- Virology, particularly virus-host interactions in diseases of global importance
- Virus-cell fusion
- Bioethics and bioethics education
- ISAT Class of 2013 Photogallery
- ISAT welcomes Dr. Stephen Marrin and Dr. Edna Reid. They will join the IA Program in preparation for the start of Fall Term 2013.
- Best wishes to Dr. Joe Marchal as he retires in June from JMU.
- Congratulations to Dr. Noel Hendrickson! As of June 1, he will become the new Director for the IA Program.
Welcome from ISATWelcome to the Department of Integrated Science and Technology! Our students and faculty study the application of a broad range of sciences and technologies to problems of current societal importance. We focus not only on the technical issues but also on how to ensure that these solutions will be embraced by society. More >
Dr. Bob Kolvoord, Professor in the Department of Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) and Interim Dean for the College of Integrated Science and Engineering (CISE), had a unique opportunity to serve as a GIS ambassador to students and teachers in Ghana. Read Story >