Carole Nash, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, ISAT, GS
Director, Shenandoah National Park Environmental Archaeology Program
- Office: ISAT/CS 308
- Phone: 540-568-6805
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
701 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- PhD, Anthropology (Archaeology), Catholic University of America
- MA, Applied Philosophy, Bowling Green State University
- B.S. with Honors, James Madison University
- 30 years, cultural resource management (National Park Service, National Forest Service, State of Virginia, various private firms)
- over 100 technical reports.
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
- Middle Atlantic Archaeology
- Long-Term Climate Change and Impacts on Human Community
- Sustainability and Indigenous Peoples
- Resilience Theory and Systems Maintenance/Change
- Science and the Public
- ISAT Class of 2013 Photogallery
- ISAT welcomes Dr. Stephen Marrin and Dr. Edna Reid. They will join the IA Program in preparation for the start of Fall Term 2013.
- Best wishes to Dr. Joe Marchal as he retires in June from JMU.
- Congratulations to Dr. Noel Hendrickson! As of June 1, he will become the new Director for the IA Program.
Welcome from ISATWelcome to the Department of Integrated Science and Technology! Our students and faculty study the application of a broad range of sciences and technologies to problems of current societal importance. We focus not only on the technical issues but also on how to ensure that these solutions will be embraced by society. More >
Dr. Bob Kolvoord, Professor in the Department of Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) and Interim Dean for the College of Integrated Science and Engineering (CISE), had a unique opportunity to serve as a GIS ambassador to students and teachers in Ghana. Read Story >