Jonathan H Spindel, Ph.D.
Thomas L. Oliver Professor
Director, Laboratory Operations,
Assistant Dean, CHBS
Assistant Department Head, Engineering
- Office: ISAT/CS 372
- Phone: 540-568-3149
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
701 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Doctor of Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Project Engineer at NASA Johnson Space Center (Tracking and Communications Division)
- Clinic Director for the Vestibular and Balance Center (University of Virginia Health Systems)
- Consultant for the US Food and Drug Administration (ENT Devices Branch)
- Consultant for Symphonix Devices and Vibrant Med El (Implantable Hearing Device Industry)
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
- Applied research on technologies, devices and techniques for the rehabilitation and treatment of auditory and vestibular system disorders.
- Academic/Teaching: Physics, Measurement and Instrumentation, Signal Processing, Vestibular and Balance Anatomy, Physiology, Testing & Treatment, and Mechatronics
- ISAT Class of 2013 Photogallery
- ISAT welcomes Dr. Stephen Marrin and Dr. Edna Reid. They will join the IA Program in preparation for the start of Fall Term 2013.
- Best wishes to Dr. Joe Marchal as he retires in June from JMU.
- Congratulations to Dr. Noel Hendrickson! As of June 1, he will become the new Director for the IA Program.
Welcome from ISATWelcome to the Department of Integrated Science and Technology! Our students and faculty study the application of a broad range of sciences and technologies to problems of current societal importance. We focus not only on the technical issues but also on how to ensure that these solutions will be embraced by society. More >
Dr. Bob Kolvoord, Professor in the Department of Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) and Interim Dean for the College of Integrated Science and Engineering (CISE), had a unique opportunity to serve as a GIS ambassador to students and teachers in Ghana. Read Story >